50KM OPEN RACE BRAȘOV is a 50 km running competition organized on September 1, 2019, in Brașov, by the Romanian Athletics Federation, with the support of the Mayor’s Office of Brașov and in partnership with other institutions, organizations, and companies/sponsors.
The competition seeks to promote and encourage ultrarunning. The participants will be adult amateur athletes (over 18 years old) from Romania or abroad.
CATEGORIES, EVENTS, DISTANCES
The 50KM OPEN RACE BRAȘOV sporting event has a single event, the 50km, and the time limit for running the course is 6h30min.
The competition addresses amateur runners over the age of 18, who will compete in the following categories:
– 18-35 years category (men, women)
– 36+ category (men, women)
- Each category requires at least 10 registered and validated athletes. Otherwise, there will be only one age category.
- The age at the time of the competition is taken into consideration: for example, a participant who, on the day of the competition, turns 36 years old (according to the identity card at registration and validation) will run in the 36+ category.
The course of the 50KM OPEN RACE BRAȘOV competition will run through the city of Brașov, on the following route:
Livada Poștei – Brașov Prefecture – Sică Alexandrescu Theatre – Patria Hall – CFR Hospital – Brașov County Court – Hidromecanica – Wooden Church – the Civic Centre – “Trei Alimentare” Crossing – Zizinului street
Livada Poștei – Brașov Prefecture – Sică Alexandrescu Theatre – Patria Hall – CFR Hospital – Brașov County Court – Hidromecanica – Wooden Church – the Civic Centre – “Trei Alimentare” Crossing – Bulevardul 15 Noiembrie – Astra Hospital – County hospital roundabout.
The route will be covered five times up-and-down (9km) and will be preceded by a 5km loop, starting from Livada Poștei and returning at the roundabout at the “Trei Alimentare” crossing
The competition will take place Sunday, September 1, 2019, from 08:00.
- Timing will be provided by a service provider in the sport sector, known on the European market.
- The timing system records each passing of the electronic chip of each runner over the electronic mats (check points) and calculates the time of each runner. The check points are located at the Starting line, Finish line, and along the route, without being expressly marked.
- Runners must pass through all check points located along the route. Runners who do not step on the mat at each check point will not be recorded by the timing system and will be automatically disqualified.
- It is the runners’ responsibility to wear the competition number on the front of their shirts. Any runner, who, along the entire distance of the race, does not wear the competition number on the shirt or wears another competition number instead of the one received from the Organizer, will be automatically disqualified.
- Change or replacement of the competition number is not permitted on the day of the competition (including in case of loss), nor is the exchange of competition numbers among runners, violation of the Regulations leading to disqualification!
- Results and rankings will be displayed during the event and immediately after the completion of the race, on the official website of the competition.
- Each participant who finishes the race in the official time of 6 hours 30 minutes will be awarded a finisher medal.
- Runners on the podium will be awarded prizes and gifts from the Romanian Athletics Federation, sponsors, and partners.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
To participate in the 50KM OPEN RACE BRAȘOV and to receive the competition Kit, each runner has to fulfil the following cumulative conditions:
- To register in the competition;
- To pay the registration fee;
- To present an identity document at validation;
- To sign the Self Declaration;
- To assume responsibility for any accident or harm suffered during the race. The organizer is not responsible for such unpleasant and unintended situations, according to the provisions of these Regulations;
- To be physically fit to participate in the 50km race. To this effect, each participant must present a medical certificate from the family physician to attest that the participant is physically fit. The certificate must be dated not later than a month before the competition, respectively August 1, 2019, and will be given to the organizers when picking up the participation kit. The organizer is not responsible for any medical problem arising before, during or subsequent to the Event;
- To read the Regulations displayed at the competition venue and on the organizer’s website (brasov50km.com).
IMPORTANT! The organizer reserves the right to modify the Regulations no later than 24 hours before the start of the race.
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT OF PARTICIPATION FEE
- The participation fee is RON 165 (EUR 35)/ person.
- Registration for 50KM OPEN RACE BRAȘOV is open until Sunday, August 11, 2019, 23:59. Spots are limited to 200.
- Options for paying the participation fee (this must be done within 7 working days following online registration):
- Online, with credit card
- Bank transfer to:
ROMANIAN ATHLETICS FEDERATION
(Fiscal registration code) CIF 4203423
RON Account RO82BRDE441SV73561834410, opened at Banca Română de Dezvoltare, Unirea branch, Bucharest.
Payment details: Contribution Brasov50km Last name First name
Please send the proof of payment by bank transfer to the e-mail address email@example.com
- Before picking up the competition kit, each participant must register, pay the registration fee and be validated (online or at the Registration Office) by the organizer/Romanian Athletics Federation. On the basis of the identity document in the original (Birth Certificate, Identity Card, Passport), after having signed the Self Declaration and presented the organizers the medical certificate, the participant will pick up the kit from the Registration Office located in the event area or a nearby location.
- The competition kit includes: a competition number with an electronic chip, gifts from sponsors, and provided services (approved route; participation in the highest safety conditions; professional arbitration; individual monitoring of distance travelled; live online ranking on the competition website; tents – locker rooms and wardrobe at Start; emergency medical care; event streamed live; ecological toilets etc.). In addition, participants who finish the race in the official time of 6 hours 30 minutes will be awarded a finisher medal.
MEDICAL PROBLEMS, FIRST AID
- To register and participate in the 50 km race, each participant must present a medical certificate from the family physician to attest that the participant is physically fit. The certificate must be dated not later than a month before the competition, respectively August 1, 2019, and will be given to the organizers when picking up the participation kit.
- The participant exonerates the organizer in connection with any medical problem, of any kind, arising during or after participating in the event.
- Two ambulances will be stationed in the competition area for emergency medical aid.
THE ORGANIZING TEAM
- Diana Amza (Chairman of the organizing committee), +40 721 719 831, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eduard Lukinich (Competition Director), +40 723 470 066, email@example.com;
- Cătălina Zorojanu (Communications and Promotion Coordinator), +40 724 519 747, firstname.lastname@example.org;
All official information in connection with 50KM OPEN RACE BRAȘOV will be transmitted through the website www.brasov50km.com and on the ”Brasov 50KM” Facebook page – www.facebook.com/Brasov50KM.